||The league to consist of 4 Divisions with up to 5 clubs in each League.
||All competitions to be played on a Saturday or Sunday. All 2022 fixtures must be completed before 1st August 2022. If a fixture has to be totally abandoned on the day due to bad weather or other exceptional circumstances, the host club will try to re-arrange it on or before 1st August 2022.
||Competition format is an individual Mixed Tee WHS handicap qualifying* Stableford.
*Fixtures may be declared non-qualifying by the host club only if exceptional circumstances require.
- Playing Handicap allowance is 95% of Course Handicap plus any Mixed Tee Course Rating/Par Adjustment shots where applicable.
- Maximum WHS Playing Handicap is 36 for competition result purposes (all players).
- Boys play off the male competition tees of the day & girls play off the female' tees, using the respective cards and Stroke Index. The host club shall specify the tees for the day.
||Maximum of 5 players per team. The best 3 Stableford scores will be aggregated to give the team score. A team of 2 is a minimum requirement and in such cases the team score will be those 2 Stableford scores plus the lowest score of the day of the field.
||The team with the highest points is the League winner. Should two or more clubs finish the season on the same number of points, the winner shall be determined by the team scores in the last event. (If still equal; in the last 2 events, then 3 events etc.)
||The overall MCJL Champion shall be decided by a Stableford play-off between all Division winners under the same rules as the League fixtures. Should a club be unable to participate on the appointed date, the place shall be offered to the next available team from their Division. Ties in the play-off shall be decided by the best score by player number one of the teams then, if necessary, by the number two, three etc.
||Age limit: Below 19 years on the 1st September 2022 (if the play-off final is after 1st September 2022 a player who has already played in the team may continue to play). A player may only play for one MCJL member club in a season. MCJL is intended for established young golfers who should be able to compete without assistance or supervision on the course. They must have an established WHS Handicap Index and CDH Number.
||Caddies are NOT allowed. Supporters (parents, friends, team mates) following a group must stay at a DISCREET DISTANCE AT ALL TIMES ONCE PLAY HAS COMMENCED & MUST NOT GIVE ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION TO A PLAYER (see Rules of Golf 10.2) Failure to comply will result in 'Disqualification' for the junior receiving advice. Ball spotting & assisting in the search for a lost ball is permitted by spectators. If a player should have special needs for assistance this must be notified to the Host J/O BEFORE TEAM SHEETS ARE SUBMITTED and the type of assistance agreed. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY ANY ASSISTING PERSON GIVE ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION TO THE PLAYER (See Penalty for breach above)
||Individual golfing disputes, which have not been resolved during play, must be brought to the attention of the host J/O IMMEDIATELY after completion of the round. The host J/O may make a decision within the MCJL rules and the rules of golf, or may refer the matter to the MCJL sub-committee for a FINAL ruling. Claims made later than as specified above will not be considered.
||HOST CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES
Host club J/O to email the participating clubs:
- at least 2 weeks in advance, the arrangements for the day (including their club's WHS Course Handicap Tables for the tees to be used.)
- at least 48 hours before play, the start sheet and times together with any other relevant information.
- play shall be in 3-balls as far as possible. Host J/O may amend start times & order of play if it is deemed reasonable and necessary for those present on the day to complete the fixture.
- all clubs are expected to observe duty of care guidance and regulations and must detail the person responsible for safeguarding issues on the day.
- provide a prize of 12 top grade golf balls for the winning team. If a tie the balls will be shared
- submit the results sheet to the MCJL website immediately after the close of the competition.
||VISITING CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES
- provide Handicap Index and CDH ID numbers of all players to the host club at least 72 hours before date of play. Any special needs must be advised at this time.
- ensure their team registers with host J/O at least 30 minutes ahead of their first tee time (45 minutes if shotgun start).
- on or prior to arrival provide the host J/O with their MCJL Team Sheet detailing contact information of parents/guardians.
- ensure players wear team shirts & observe dress code of the host club on and off the course.
Host clubs are NOT required to provide a meal for players after the league rounds. Food for players at the Play-off final, the MCJL Open and NWCL play-off will be arranged by MCJL and will be paid from the Member Clubs' Annual MCJL Subscriptions.
An Annual meeting will be held prior to each season to confirm the Rules and Divisions for the year. This meeting may be by group emails or if necessary in person at a member club.
||Annual subscriptions must be PAID IN FULL BY 1ST MARCH 2022